Tuesday, May 17, 2011

My Favorite Quotes

I'll probably update this from time to time ;)

Each of these mean something special to me.


The world has changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air. Much that once was is lost. For none now live who remember it. -Galadriel LOTR 1

And some things that should not have been forgotten were lost. History became legend. Legend became myth. -Galadriel LOTR 1

It’s the unknown we fear when we look upon death and darkness, nothing more. -Dumbledore


It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live. -Albus Dumbledore

I'm going to Hagrid's, I've got a good feeling about going to Hagrid's. -Harry Potter

Tell me one last thing,” said Harry. “Is this real? Or has this been happening inside my head?”
“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real -Deathly Hallows

 
You miss 100% of the shots you never take ~Wayne Gretzky
Be the change you want to see in the world -Gandhi

I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me! -Dr Seuss

Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not. -Dr. Seuss

Be as you wish to seem. -Socrates

Beware the barrenness of a busy life. -Socrates

Worthless people live only to eat and drink; people of worth eat and drink only to live -Socrates

The wisest men follow their own direction. - Euripides

I love humanity, its people I can’t stand. -Albert Einstein

A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy? -Albert Einstein

Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts. -Albert Einstein

Don't hate, it's too big a burden to bear. - Martin Luther King.

Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names. - John F. Kennedy

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something. Plato

Every time I've done something that doesn't feel right, it's ended up not being right. - Mario Cuomo

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. -Ralph Waldo Emmerson

Focus on where you want to go, not on what you fear. - Anthony Robbins

Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world. -Archimedes

Minds are like parachutes - they only function when open. - Thomas Dewar

Unknown Funnies:

Haikus are easy.
But sometimes they don't make sense.
Refrigerator.
Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?
We are all time travelers moving at the speed of exactly 60 minutes per hour
Just about the time when you think you can make ends meet, somebody moves the ends.
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.
We never really grow up, we only learn how to act in public.
Politicians and diapers have one thing in common. They should both be changed regularly, and for the same reason.
The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
If God is watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.
If 4 out of 5 people SUFFER from diarrhea... does that mean that one enjoys it?
Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs.
The sole purpose of a child's middle name, is so he can tell when he's really in trouble.
Crowded elevators smell different to midgets.
When in doubt, mumble.
I always take life with a grain of salt, ...plus a slice of lemon, ...and a shot of tequila.




Whats your favorite quote?

No comments:

Post a Comment